Monday 5 January 2015

Liebster Award



Thanks to my friend and fellow London International Student Ambassador Audrey Faltin for the nomination.
 http://takeawaytidbits.wordpress.com/


So without any delays, let's begin by going over the Rules  

  • Link back to the blogger who awarded you 
  • Reveal your 5 blog picks with less than 200 followers to nominate
  • Let them know by leaving a comment on their blog 
  • Answer the questions asked to you by the person that nominated you

Why did you choose to study in London?

Apart from being a gorgeous city, London is one of the only places that offers a master’s programme in Obesity PREVENTION. Another reason for my choice was the scholarship I received from the University of Roehampton. Supporting myself in one of the world’s most expensive city wasn't going to be easy without a scholarship.  The open door policy in my University, the lovely lush green campus, living so close to the heart of London and yet sheltered in the greenery of Richmond. I love it! 

 
My beautiful University 

What is your favorite song to dance to?

 Taylor Swift's "Shake It Off"...This song is so danceable

 

What is the first app you use each day and why?

My sweet sweet mother has finally learned to use what’s-app(an instant messing application) .. That’s the one app I can’t live without, it keeps me connected to everyone, especially my family. 


Why were you given your name?

After great debate my mother finally decided based on a number of factors. I think the book "The Divine Romance" by paramahansa yogananda influenced her decision a lot. She initially wanted to name me after a goddess. 


What was (or is) the best job you've had?

I have always enjoyed writing and have a passion for healthy eating.. getting paid to write a heath awareness and inspiration books is amazing. 

If you could repeal one law what would it be?

The Caste based reservation system used by some educational institutions aggravates me. I am not a minority nor do I specifically fall into any specific cast or religious categories as I'm the child of an inter cast marriage. Even though society is very open minded today it needs to revise such stupid laws. Out of 12 seats for a master’s programme 10 were allotted based on casts and minority. One seat was in house (for the students of that university). Therefore more than 1000 applicants competed for 1 seat!  I know in a way it’s an effort to uplift the lower strata of the society but this is definitely not equality of opportunity. What a shame !



What is your comfort food?

Focaccia with Hummus..I absolutely love it and it never makes me feel bloated. 
Photo credits - http://ablendedlife.com/2014/07/17/avocado-hummus-dip/

And a very recent guilty pleasure of mine are the cheese fries at  shake shack
Photo credits - http://www.foodspotting.com/places/246-shake-shack-london

What is the best book you've read this year? Ever? 

Ever - Has to be the "House of night series by PC Cast". These books filled me with wonder and imagination as a teenager. It’s nowhere close to a classic but still will be my all-time favorite series.

2014- "Jars Filled with Gold by Ruby Malshe" The story is one of survival. The Hypocrisy of a community that does not acknowledge a daughter. Growing up the daughter of a Zoroastrian woman and a Hindu man can be challenging, I think this book needs to be read by many. 



If you had 10 minutes on a popular TV talk show, what would you talk about?

Modern day slavery.. Educated people with full time jobs should not have to struggle to make ends meet. 




What type of exercise do you most enjoy?

I like cycling and practicing power yoga. 


  
Nomination -

https://csillakt.wordpress.com/
http://londonartgmt.wordpress.com/
http://buxbaumorbixby.tumblr.com/
http://no2blog.wordpress.com/
http://www.londonplusone.tumblr.com/
http://londonporridge.wordpress.com/

Your questions are:
1. Whats it like to study in London?
2. Is Living on a student budget a struggle ?
3. Should international students work part time ?
4. whats the best thing about being an international student ?
5. Describe your best day in London so far? 
6. Favorite place to shop in London ?
7. How has the international experience contributed to your Life ? 
8. Whats your favorite city in the world? 
9. An book/movie that has had a great impact on your life ?
10. An inspiration Quote that can lift your spirits ?

1 comment:

  1. i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346




    i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346

    ReplyDelete