Thursday 30 June 2011

I WILL PLANT A TREE TODAY - By Ruby Malshe





Half time over
48 I am now
That's if I am lucky
to complete the same
before the angels hug me.

Stepping ahead on
the ladder of life
I have picked up
sands of philosophy,
pebbles of understanding,
stones of time management
and rocks of opportunities.
Lots of these came my way
of success,
without and still better,
within.
I chose some from
both sides of course.
Missing some here and
collecting some there.
I made my life
a mosaic of black and white
with splatters of bright shades
and perhaps blobs of dull ones too.
Regrets?
No. I don't really have any.
What had to be, was.
But I will lace my
journey of life
with passionate joys.
Every moment today
matters more than
it did yesterday.
Somewhere obviously I know
I don't have much time.
I have to live fast
before I die.
As the Chinese say:
"The best time to plant a tree
was 20 years ago.
But the second best time

is today.'' 

No comments:

Post a Comment